Weight Loss This Week: +1.7
Total Weight Loss: 18
I'm a little bit upset by this number only because I know for a fact it has everything to do with the amount of food I consumed at the Super Bowl Party yesterday. I weighted myself Saturday morning and was down a half a pound. Fail. The number on the scale this morning really threw me off.. So much that I forgot my work laptop at home.. which is going to cause for a really frustrating day.
January Weight Loss: 7.4
Total Weight Loss: 19.7
As promised in a prior post I am going to do a monthly review of the goals I've made for myself at the beginning of the year and my progress so far.
My January Goal wasto lose 10 pounds. I didn’t do it. I lost 7.4 pounds but I didn’t meet the goal of 10.
I'm not too saddened by this loss. Its 7.4 pounds. That’s still a great success in my eyes.
I think ultimately me not meeting my monthly goal is 100% my fault. At the beginning of the month I was motivated to eat low carb and stick to it. Its beyond difficult to fix yourself a completely different meal than your whole family or friends-- watch everyone eating things you can't. Ultimately I just wasn't going about it the right way. I love low carb and the way it makes me feel but this has to be about other things in life too. Its hard to stick to something when your limited in the food selections, something is more of a struggle than beneficial.
I think the most successful thing I've done all month is switch to weight watchers.
This month hastaught me a few things.
- Every meal of every day is a choice. I have the choice of pigging out or eating what I had planned within my points. I was sitting at dinner with friends last week and started zoning out reflecting on this. I was trying to decide what I wanted to eat at the restaurant and thought about getting something slightly unhealthy. Luckily, our waiter was slow so I had more than enough time to think about my dinner selection. I started thinking about how the more unhealthy meal would make me feel. Would it really make me feel any more satisfied than the healthier salad would? Probably not. I realized in that moment that tiny decisions like these will ultimately lead to success. If I make one better decision like this a week then think of the successes I could have in a month.
- Exercise is important. You always hear in those magazines, how exercise gives you more energy to do the things you really want to do blah blah blah. I never agreed with that. Or maybe never realized it did. Until one day this month when I came home from Zumba and realized I was in an AWESOME mood. Like beyond awesome. Dancing around my kitchen making dinner and my lunch for the next day shaking my butt to zumba songs and jumping all around the kitchen. I've been going to zumba for a few weeks now and feel like I'm getting back into some kind of shape. I went on a run last week and it honestly was easier than it had been a few weeks prior. Running is usually something that comes very difficult to me. It really drained me and every single step feels like I'm running with and anchor strapped to my leg. But least week was SO Different. I strapped on my new Garmin, and ran. Just ran. Did a loop away from my car and just ran. When I got back to my car I had ran 1.66 Miles. Nothing huge for some of you avid 10-20 mile runners but for me it was HUGE. And it didn’t feel as hard as it had been before!
- Track Everything. Its simple. Everything that goes in my mouth should be tracked. I'd say I track 97 % of the things that I eat. Sometimes its hard when you don't know exactly how much you ate, or what the points really are for that item. I can look up french frieds in WW and get 11 points or 5..?! So sometimes that difficult but I also need to get back to eating clean. My/my sisters birthday week was sort of a hot mess because of all the different things I was eating.
- 10 pounds-- When I say lose 10 pounds it doesn't mean lose the extra 3. Whatever that I didn't lose in January plus the 10. (I'm hard on myself just not THAT hard!! 10 pounds. Strictly 10 pounds.)
- Make better choices on meals. I know this is something that I've been working on but its something I feel like I still need to work on. For the most part I'm making healthier choices but I feel like I'm still making some pretty unhealthy choices at times-- giving myself too many dessert days.
- Keep drinking my water!-- I'm pretty decent with my water intake and I'd like to keep that up.
- Exercise. Obviously I'd like to keep my exercise up. Ultimatly I'd really like to ramp up the amount of exercise I'm doing this month to really shock my system a little.
I know these are goals that basically everyone losing weight wants to do. They're basic but they work. I will stay focused because I know I can do this. It may be a stuggle at times, and testing me to see if I'll stay committed but I KNOW I can do this.