CHECK OUT MY NEW INSTAGRAM! FOLLOW ME AT: LifeByLex !!
It happens to everyone-- you pack your bags for a trip with all your expensive makeup, only to find that not all of the items you packed made it to your destination in one piece!! I can tell you its beyond frustrating when this happens.
On my recent trip to Canada this exact scene unfolded when I unpacked all of my makeup. Talk about a buzz kill especially in the winter. Bronzer is my best friend.
Anyway, I'm sure you've seen the tutorials on Pinterest of how to fix these items when it happens to you. Lucky for me I pinned one I thought would work just in case (I like the proactive me!)
The pictures I followed off of was an Okay tutorial but I thought I'd post my tips and tricks for this process.
1. Broken makeup-- I'm using my broken Physicians Formula Bronzer
2. Rubbing Alcohol-- I'm using 70%
1. Break up the larger pieces of the bronzer. This step wasn't included in the original tutorial but I thought the bronzer would be able to mix together better.
|See the larger pieces?|
|Made all the pieces relatively the same size.|
|Not enough rubbing alcohol|
4. Clean up the edges of the bronzer so the lid closes correctly. Fortunately (or unfortunately for me) the lid on mine doesn't snap so I wasn't too worried about it.
5. Let the mixture dry overnight. Mine took about 12 hours to dry. Make sure every couple hours to press the powder down as much as you can. The more you press the powder tight the more even it will come out of the container.
That's it!! So Simple.
One of the things I was worried about was losing a lot of product while trying to mix the alcohol and makeup together. However I didn't waste nearly as much as I thought I would-- Look!!
The only waste I was as a little on the back of the spoon and some on my glass counter top! Not too shabby!!
Have you ever broken your make up?
What do you do when this happens to you? Trash it? Try to keep it?